DETROIT -- The ZF Batavia LLC plant in Batavia, OH, will begin tooling up in early 2002 for production of continuously variable transmissions, with production slated for late 2003. Ford Motor Co. owned the plant, which currently produces automatic transmissions, until 1999, when Ford created a joint venture with German supplier ZF Friedrichshafen AG to assume control of the plant for CVT production. Today, ZF owns 51% of the venture, while Ford owns the remaining 49%. The plant will ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"ZF Scales Back CVT Projection" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.