PARIS – A 23-year-old student named Zoe Renault is asking Renault SA not to use the name Zoe for its 2012 small electric car, but the affair is not likely to be more than a tempest in a teapot. “I don’t want my identity to be linked to the image of an automobile and to be associated for my whole life to a car,” she tells the newspaper Le Parisien. “It would be unbearable to hear ‘Zoe is broken down,’ or ‘We have to take Zoe in for a checkup’ or ‘So and so was killed in a Zoe.’” Her ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A Zoe by Any Other Name, Student Pleads" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642