By Alison Leung and Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Li Shufu, the founder of China's Zhejiang Geely Holdings, has much in common with Henry Ford, from a childhood on the farm to a scrappy determination to build a car-making behemoth from nothing. If discussions underway between Geely and Ford Motor Co are successful, he may have another link with the great industrialist -- ownership of Ford's Volvo unit. Li's Geely, which means auspicious or lucky in Chinese, has captured the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-China's "Henry Ford" drives Geely onto global stage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642