By Tom Brown DETROIT, July 28 (Reuters) - Not too long ago, Chrysler executive Tom LaSorda, who was named the automaker's new chief executive on Thursday, sought to rally assembly plant workers by talking about beating up on competitors like Japan's Toyota Motor Corp. . "We're going to kick Toyota's ass, Honda's ass and everybody else's ass," LaSorda said. He spoke at a rowdy October 2003 ceremony in Newark, Delaware, marking the launch of an all-new Dodge Durango sport utility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Chrysler's Tom LaSorda, a "plant rat" turns CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.