By Lisa Jucca and Carsten Lietz BRUSSELS, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Guenter Verheugen deftly steered the EU's historic expansion into ex-communist eastern Europe earlier this year: but there will be no time for resting on laurels when he becomes the bloc's Industry Commissioner. Verheugen has never managed an economic post and his skills on the international stage -- honed by a spell as Germany's deputy foreign minister in 1998-1999 -- may be of limited use as he leads the EU's thus-far ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Enlargement czar becomes EU's industry boss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642