By Doug Young HONG KONG, March 26 (Reuters) - Geely founder Li Shufu, China's Henry Ford, looks set to rewrite the automotive history books this weekend with the purchase of Ford's Volvo car unit, which would be China's largest offshore auto deal. [ID:nLDE62P184] Li, very much a plain-folks character, shares many traits with Ford, from a childhood on the farm to a scrappy determination to build a car-making behemoth from nothing. Li's Geely, which means auspicious or lucky in Chinese, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Geely's Li to go global with Volvo deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.