By David Bailey and Kevin Krolicki DETROIT/WASHINGTON, March 29 (Reuters) - Soon after becoming chief executive of General Motors Corp in 2000, Rick Wagoner huddled with top lieutenants to lay out his vision for expanding the global reach and profitability of the world's top automaker. The goal: make GM's market share more than twice that of Toyota Motor Corp . The plan: a heavier reliance on more profitable trucks and SUVs to cash in on the boom market for big rides. "If we were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-GM CEO had crisis-ridden term" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.