* Founder of Canadian parts firm seals deal for GM unit * Emigrated from Austria at 21 with $200 and a suitcase * Has passion for soccer, hard work and fast horses By John McCrank and Helen Massy-Beresford TORONTO/PARIS, May 30 (Reuters) - Magna International chairman Frank Stronach, who left Europe a virtually penniless toolmaker over 50 years ago, is returning to fashion a carmaking dynasty after clinching a deal for Germany's Opel. The 76-year-old Magna founder -- a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Magna's Stronach seeks to crown legacy with Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.