* Founder of Canadian parts firm in run-off for GM unit * Emigrated from Austria at 21 with $200 and a suitcase * Has passion for soccer, hard work and fast horses By John McCrank and Helen Massy-Beresford TORONTO/PARIS, May 26 (Reuters) - Magna International chairman Frank Stronach, who left Europe a virtually penniless toolmaker over 50 years ago, will return to fashion a carmaking dynasty if his audacious bid for Germany's Opel comes off. The 76-year-old Magna founder -- a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Magna's Stronach seeks to crown legacy with Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.