By Alexander Huebner STUTTGART, Germany, July 29 (Reuters) - Eckhard Cordes, named on Thursday to head DaimlerChrysler's flagship Mercedes Car Group division, is a turnaround expert who made his mark as a loyal ally of Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp. Cordes, 53, has spent his professional life at Daimler since joining the carmaker as a trainee in 1976 and became such an insider that he helped negotiate Daimler-Benz's super-secret merger with Chrysler in 1998. Since late 2000 the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Schrempp ally Cordes to take over Mercedes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642