By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - With the Big Three U.S. automakers struggling as consumers shun their gas-guzzling vehicles, Suzuki Motor Corp looks in an enviable position with its line-up of tiny, fuel-saving cars. That, and its mile-long lead in the nascent Indian market, have catapulted the once stolid car maker to No. 10 in the world measured by number of cars sold in the first half of this year, and lifted its profits steadily for nearly a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Suzuki CEO sees no relief from race to survive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.