By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, June 23 (Reuters) - His appointment to the top post at Toyota Motor Corp has been compared to the momentous return of imperial rule in Japan in 1867. That's the kind of weight Akio Toyoda will carry as he takes over the automaker founded by his grandfather and led in the past by his father, uncles and other Toyodas before non-family members held the fort for the past 14 years. And he is sailing into uncharted waters: Toyota is headed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-Toyota heir carries weight of "Toyoda Restoration"" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.