(For more on Toyota's safety recalls, click [ID:nN27231388]) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Two days after his appointment as president of Toyota Motor Corp last June, Akio Toyoda delivered his vision for steering the company founded by his grandfather: make better cars to contribute to society. Just eight months later, Toyota is preparing to defend himself in front of U.S. lawmakers convinced that the world's biggest automaker was working to much ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NEWSMAKER-U.S. grilling to test Toyota chief's mettle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.