LAGOS, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Nigeria invited local and international firms on Friday to express interest in acquiring a 35 percent stake in its rundown car assembly plant, Volkswagen Nigeria Ltd (VWON). The Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) said in a notice that prospective investors must provide evidence of successful investment in the automotive, manufacturing or industrial sectors. Located in Nigeria's commercial capital, Lagos, VWON was established in 1973 in a joint venture with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nigeria invites bids for stake in VWON car plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.