(Updates to midmorning) TOKYO, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei rose 0.5 percent on Monday as investors bought Fanuc Ltd and other large-cap shares after the Bank of Japan's tankan survey showed manufacturers remained optimistic despite turmoil in global credit markets. The tankan's headline diffusion index for big manufacturers' sentiment was plus 23, slightly above the market's median forecast of plus 22 and matching the previous survey's reading in June. [ID:nT108755] Stocks dipped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei up 0.5 pct after BOJ tankan shows optimism" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.