(Updates to midsession) TOKYO, April 1 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average rose 1.4 percent on Tuesday, led by exporters such as Canon Inc after overnight gains on Wall Street, with the market shrugging off a survey showing Japanese business sentiment has weakened. The benchmark Nikkei ended the morning session up at 12,697.99. The broader TOPIX gained 1.4 percent to 1,230.17. (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei up 1.4 pct, shrugs off weak tankan survey" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.