TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average fell 2 percent on Tuesday, led lower by financial shares after concerns about more credit and housing market turmoil battered their counterparts on Wall Street. Exporters like Honda Motor Co Ltd also fell sharply amid growing uncertainty over the outlook for the global economy. As of 0046 GMT, the benchmark Nikkei had shed 270.56 points to 13,083.22, while the broader Topix declined 2.2 percent to 1,271.81. (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei down 2 pct; financials, exporters lead fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.