(Updates to close) TOKYO, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average ended at a 16-month closing low on Wednesday, as a stronger yen and a weaker outlook for the U.S. economy depressed exporters such as Honda Motor Co Ltd . The Nikkei ended down 2.5 percent or 373.86 points at 14,837.66, its lowest close since July 24, 2006. The broader TOPIX fell to a more than two-year low, down 2.1 percent at 1,438.72. (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei ends at 16-month low on yen, U.S. economy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.