TOKYO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average advanced 2 percent on Thursday as investors, encouraged by gains on Wall Street and the softer yen, bought recent poor performers, while Hitachi Ltd jumped on a possible unit sale. The Nikkei share average rose 2.05 percent, or 337.62 points, to 16,773.36 as of 0448 GMT, while the TOPIX was up 2.27 percent at 1,611.72.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei gains 2 percent, helped by yen, Wall Street" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642