(Updates to close) TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average rose 0.6 percent on Tuesday as shipping shares gained on earnings hopes while Toyota Motor Corp rose on a news report about its plan to launch a fuel-efficient ultra-compact car in Europe. The benchmark Nikkei ended up 89.12 points, or 0.55 percent, at 16,401.73, while the broader TOPIX index put on 0.95 percent to 1,566.83.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei gains, Toyota and shipping stocks higher" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642