(Adds stocks, details) By Elaine Lies TOKYO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average touched a fresh six-week high on Wednesday, boosted by the buying of blue-chip shares such as Honda Motor Corp after the announcement of an IBM share buyback lifted Wall Street. Mizuho Financial Group and other financials rose as well, bolstered by growing relief that U.S. bond insurers appeared to be stabilising, while record-high oil prices lifted oil distributors and similar shares. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei hits 6-wk high as blue-chips, financials rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.