(Updates to midmorning) TOKYO, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei swung into positive territory after opening slightly lower on Wednesday, helped higher by Canon Inc after a newspaper report that it and 10 other Japanese firms will develop multipurpose diagnostic chips. Investors are also snatching up machinery issues such as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd on expectations for strong demand from emerging countries, said Tsuyoshi Segawa, equity strategist at Shinko Securities. "I've got ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nikkei inches up as Canon gains, machinery stock up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.