Nippon Steel, Tata in talks to form automotive sheet jv


TOKYO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp , the world's second-biggest steelmaker, said it is in talks with India's Tata Steel Ltd to form an automotive sheet steel joint venture in India by the end of the 2012 fiscal year. The plant, which will be owned 51 percent by Tata Steel and the remaining 49 percent by Nippon Steel, will have a capacity to produce 600,000 tonnes a year of cold rolled sheet steel. The two companies aim to sign a formal agreement by June, Nippon Steel said. ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Nippon Steel, Tata in talks to form automotive sheet jv" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.

more data and Insights

Nov 30, 2015

2016 Wards 10 Best Engines Test Drive: Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

The Ram 1500 and its 3.0L EcoDiesel V-6, evaluated by editor Bob Gritzinger, is one of 31 contenders for the 2016 Wards 10 Best Engines competition....More


Follow Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×