By Ben Klayman FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Sept 28 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will sell a subcompact car in the United States starting next summer in an effort to broaden its product lineup, draw more consumers into the brand and take advantage of the growing sensitivity to rising gasoline prices. A hatchback version of the Versa, which will range in price from $12,000 to $15,000, will go on sale next summer as a 2007 model and a sedan version will be available late in the year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan to add subcompact car for U.S. market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.