By Yoko Kubota YOKOHAMA, Japan, July 16 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor on Monday unveiled its second-generation Note model, aiming to boost the distant laggard in Japan's compact car market led by Toyota and Honda. Nissan sold 46,475 Note vehicles in Japan in 2011, trailing in 13th place in sales of Japanese cars above 660 cc. Honda sold 207,882 Fit vehicles, ahead of Toyota's Vitz on 128,725 Vitz cars but behind Toyota's top-selling Prius hybrid. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan Note aims to beat Japan laggard tag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.