TOKYO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Nissan Motor Co and South Korean steelmaker POSCO Co Ltd plan to open a steel sheet processing centre in Kawasaki, near Tokyo, through an existing joint venture in May 2008, the Nikkei business daily reported on Thursday. Amid rising steel prices, Nissan is seen aiming to bolster its bargaining power with Japanese steel makers by strengthening its business ties with POSCO, the daily said. The planned processing facility, whose construction is scheduled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan, POSCO plan steel sheet centre - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642