TOKYO, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. , Renault SA and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. will set up a joint car factory in the southern Indian city of Chennai in 2009, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday. Nissan, Japan's third-biggest automaker, had been studying the possibility of joining the existing partnership between the French carmaker and Mahindra as a way into the burgeoning Indian market, and had set a March 9 deadline for the decision. The three automakers will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan,Renault,M&M to build cars in Chennai-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.