HELSINKI, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Finnish tyre maker Nokian Renkaat said on Tuesday it was considering and preparing alternatives to strengthen its position on the Russian tyre market, but had not taken any final decisions. The company statement follows reports from Russian news agency Interfax and other media that Nokian is gearing up for a merger with Russian partner Amtel. Nokian CEO Kim Gran told Reuters earlier on Tuesday he could neither confirm nor deny the reports.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nokian Renkaat says considering Russian options" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.