New Sprinter Citan small cargo van recently introduced in Europe.
NEW YORK – Mercedes-Benz's Sprinter division is considering importing smaller vans into the U.S. that are available in Europe. “We'll make a decision on whether to bring them in 2013,” says Claus Tritt, general manager-commercial vehicles. Sprinter sold 18,600 vans through November, up 25% from year-ago, Mercedes says. “December is traditionally a strong month for us,” Tritt says, predicting Sprinter will finish with its best year yet. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Mulls Importing Small Sprinter Vans to U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.