NEW YORK, Jan 30 (Reuters) - New York precious metals advanced on speculator and fund buying Monday, with silver hitting a 19-year high on excitement over a proposed U.S. silver-backed investment and gold also extending its rally. Dealers said positive technical factors and an absence of speculative liquidation in the complex, despite a firmer U.S. dollar during the session, supported prices. Platinum also was well-bid, hitting another 26-year high. "Precious metals are up across the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NY silver hits 19-yr high early, trade eyes $10/oz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.