DETROIT, July 30 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday he welcomed news that the U.S. economy grew by 2.4 percent in the second quarter, but said more work was needed to increase that growth rate and generate jobs. "This morning we learned that our economy grew by 2.4 percent in the second quarter of the year, so that means it's now been growing again for one full year," Obama said at a Chrysler plant. "We've got to keep on increasing that rate of growth and keep on adding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Obama hails news US economy growing, wants more" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.