WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday, July 29, will announce a program to improve fuel efficiency for cars and light-duty trucks, the White House said on Wednesday. The program would affect model years 2017-2025 and result in "significant cost savings for consumers at the pump, dramatically reduce oil consumption, cut pollution and create jobs," White House spokesman Jay Carney said. (Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; Editing by Jackie Frank)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Obama to make announcement on fuel efficiency July 29" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.