WASHINGTON, March 26 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday said he would make announcements over the next several days about the struggling U.S. automobile industry. "Everybody is going to have to recognize that the current model, economic model, of the U.S. auto industry is unsustainable," Obama said at an event at the White House. "What we're expecting is that the automakers are going to be working with us to restructure. We will provide them some help," he said. If the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Obama: will make auto industry announcements soon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.