TURIN, May 28 (Reuters) - Umberto Agnelli played second fiddle to his elder, more charismatic brother Gianni and it was only in the last year that he stepped into the spotlight to tackle the financial crisis at carmaker Fiat . Agnelli, chairman of the industrial group, who died late on Thursday after a battle with cancer, had a mixed relationship with the firm that his grandfather founded 105 years ago. But he leaves the legacy of pulling it into the 21st century as a public company with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OBITUARY-Fiat chairman Umberto Agnelli dies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.