BEIJING, Feb 24 (Reuters) - A Chinese commerce ministry official denied on Wednesday that the ministry had rejected a Chinese heavy machinery maker's bid to buy General Motors' [GM.UL] Hummer brand. Wang Chao, an assistant commerce minister, said at a briefing that the ministry had yet to receive an application from Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machiner Co, an obscure industrial equipment maker based in Sichuan province. (Reporting by Aileen Wang and Ken Wills)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Official denies China has rejected Tengzhong's Hummer bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.