LONDON, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Falling petrol prices, summer holidays and Britain's best Olympic medal tally in a century combined to give an unexpected lift to consumer morale in August, a survey showed on Friday. The figures will provide a glimmer of hope to Prime Minister Gordon Brown who plans to revive his flagging popularity with a package of economic measures next month. The GfK NOP consumer confidence index rose three points to -36 this month from -39 in July, a level that had been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Olympic cheer lifts UK consumer morale in Aug-GFK" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.