HAMBURG, Germany, March 24 (Reuters) - General Motors' German brand Opel does not plan to speed up introduction of a new compact Astra model to counter a potential early revamp of rival VW's new Golf, a labour leader said on Friday. "The new Astra will come as planned," Opel works council chief Klaus Franz told Reuters, quashing speculation that the model changeover could come sooner than 2009/2010 given Volkswagen's stepped-up Golf timetable. VW company sources have said Europe's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel won't advance Astra to counter new Golf -labour" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.