LOUISVILLE, KY., March 22 (Reuters) - Truck manufacturer Paccar Inc. has seen no evidence that buyers are rushing to place orders ahead of tough new emission rules on diesel engines that take effect in 2007, a senior executive at the company said on Wednesday. Predictions of a so-called "prebuy" rush has so far failed to materialize, Paccar Vice President Bob Christensen said at the Mid-America Trucking Show here. "It's a very similar year to 2005. Very similar," Christensen said of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Paccar VP: No rush to buy trucks ahead of EPA rule" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.