TOKYO, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp said on Tuesday it would supply lithium ion batteries for Toyota Motor Corp's Prius plug-in hybrid vehicle, whose Japan launch was announced the same day. The announcement marks the first time for Panasonic to supply its lithium-ion batteries for a mass production plug-in-hybrid vehicle. Panasonic bought out subsidiary Sanyo, a big player in rechargeable batteries, in a bid to shift focus from consumer electronics to energy and environmental ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Panasonic: to supply batteries for Toyota Prius hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642