By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Penske Automotive Group expects to sell up to 25,000 two-seat Smart cars in the United States next year, as the dealership chain remains on track to launch the car in the first quarter of 2008. Penske Automotive Chairman and Chief Executive Roger Penske said on a Thursday conference call the retailer had 35,400 reservations for the Smart car, produced by the Mercedes division of German automaker Daimler AG . "We currently expect to sell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Penske to sell upto 25,000 Smart cars in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.