CHICAGO, July 31 (Reuters) - Auto parts retailer Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack said on Thursday it will close 33 stores, cut 700 jobs and streamline its management structure in order to boost profits. The company said the moves, aimed at saving about $11 million annually, will result in a second-quarter pre-tax charge of about $85 million.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pep Boys to close 33 stores, cut 700 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.