PARIS, May 23 (Reuters) - The chief executive of French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen said on Wednesday a strong euro created problems for the car industry, and a weak dollar and yen encouraged imports. "It is the strength of the euro which is creating an enormous handicap versus U.S. and Japanese rivals," Chief Executive Christian Streiff told reporters.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot CEO warns of problems from strong euro" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642