LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen is to cut 700 jobs at a British plant because of slower demand across Europe for the range of 206 models built there, UK newspapers reported on Friday. The papers said Peugeot will end a fourth shift at its Ryton plant near Coventry, cutting about 46,000 cars from its annual production, about a quarter of the plant's output. Peugeot UK could not immediately be reached for comment. Europe's second-biggest automaker last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot cuts 700 UK jobs as car sales drop -papers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.