PARIS, June 26 (Reuters) - French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroen on Wednesday said it would build a new production unit at its Valenciennes plant to make mechanical gearboxes in a project worth 430 million euros. The venture would be operational in 2005 and would create 200 new jobs in three years, in addition to the 2,200 people employed at the Valenciennes plant, the company said in a statement. The French government made a separate statement after Peugeot Chairman Jean-Martin Folz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot says to build new gearbox unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.