By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Jan 22 (Reuters) - The city of Philadelphia filed a lawsuit on Thursday against Ford Motor Co. demanding that the automaker fix its Crown Victoria police cars, which have been involved in the deaths of at least 16 U.S. police officers. Philadelphia, joining lawsuits against Ford filed in at least eight other states, said taxpayers should not have to pay to improve the safety of the police cars, which are used by about 85 percent of U.S. police departments. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Philadelphia latest to sue Ford over police cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.