NEW DELHI, Aug 26 (Reuters) - The Indian unit of Italy's motorbike and scooter maker, Piaggio , plans to spend 30 million euros ($38 million) to build a scooter plant in India with an annual capacity of 150,000 units, its India head said on Thursday. Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd also plans to launch Vespa scooters by the end of 2011 or early 2012, Chairman and Managing Director Ravi Chopra said on the sidelines of an automobiles conference. ($1=.7897 Euro) (Reporting by Sanjeev Choudhary & ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Piaggio India unit to spend $38 mln to expand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642