FRANKFURT, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Italian scooter maker Piaggio is pondering a takeover offer for DaimlerChrylser's loss-making Smart car unit, Automotive News Europe reported, quoting sources familiar with the matter. In an article to be published on Monday, Automotive News Europe said that Goldman Sachs, on behalf of Daimler, contacted Piaggio's majority shareholder Immsi in Milan to gauge its interest in buying Smart. An Immsi spokesman told Reuters, however, that Piaggio was not looking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Piaggio mulling offer for Daimler's Smart -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642