MUMBAI, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Piaggio will step up production in India and launch scooters in a market that is set to play a greater role in the Italian firm's global operations, its chief executive said on Tuesday. Faced with a stagnant market in Europe, Piaggio is investing in China, India and Vietnam, and expects Asia's contribution to total sales at 30-35 percent by 2010 from about 20 percent now. "The Asia-Pacific region offers immense opportunity," Roberto Colaninno said at a news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Piaggio to up production in India, launch scooters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642