By Gilles Castonguay MILAN, May 28 (Reuters) - After a weak start to the year, Italian scooter maker Piaggio & C SpA is expected to be cautious at best when it gives an update of its three-year strategic plan on Friday. Like most vehicle manufacturers, Piaggio, best known for its Vespa scooter, is facing a drop in sales as consumers postpone big-ticket purchases amid signs of a weakening economy. The weather has not helped, either. In Italy, its home market, rain has washed out the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Piaggio's strategy update expected to be cautious" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.