Production launch of Symbol sedan slated for November.
VIENNA – Algeria is gearing up to join the ranks of car-producing countries. In contrast to other North African countries such as Egypt and Morocco, only commercial vehicles now are built in Algeria. The state-owned SNVI produces trucks and buses mainly destined for the Algerian market. However, the local car market has enjoyed strong growth in recent years, making the country more attractive to global car makers. Last year 424,972 cars and light-commercial vehicles were sold in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Algeria Welcoming European, Chinese Automakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.